[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 20:45:01 CET 2020

On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 at 16:17, coroberti . <coroberti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jason,
> The main market for QtCompany is embedded, automotive, etc.
>
> Mobile is aside with no real sales there.
>
> So, unless community develops features required,
> do not expect to get new mobile features fast.
> Sorry to say that.

We have people looking into improving Qt on mobile platforms, because
it's not just an aside, it comes as
a companion to embedded/automotive/etc. applications, so we're
rekindling some love for mobile. Having
said that, we're not gunning for making Qt the king of the hill on
mobile in general, we're gunning for such
companion apps, wherever that may lead us.