[Development] HEADS-UP: Qt 5.15 Feature Freeze is in effect now

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Tue Feb 4 16:56:45 CET 2020

> On 3 Feb 2020, at 06:35, Jani Heikkinen <jani.heikkinen at qt.io> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Qt 5.15 Feature Freeze is in effect now. So no new features in '5.15' anymore. Please update Qt 5.15 new features page (https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.15) now; it seems to be quite empty still...
>
> Target is to publish Qt 5.15 Alpha as soon as possible; Let's see if we can get it out already during this week.
>
> API review for Qt 5.15 will start soon as well. Please do reviews immediately when available.
>
> br,
> Jani Heikkinen

I’ve been struggling a bit more than expected with getting the implementation of "move a file or directory to the trash" pass CI. It’s a popular feature request:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47703

The basic implementation and private APIs have been in for a bit, but required a bit of follow-up, which delayed the merging of the commit that adds the public API in:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/287373

Ok to merge?

Cheers,
Volker