[Development] The future of smart pointers in Qt API

Vitaly Fanaskov vitaly.fanaskov at qt.io
Wed Feb 12 13:20:32 CET 2020

> AFAIK, we don't have a procedure to make project-level decisions by majority vote.
True. We're discussing now. The goal here is to take people opinions and
arguments into account before making a decision.

We have intermediate results of the discussion now. Next step is
collecting the rest of feedback we can. Only after we should make a
decision and define resulting artifacts (docs, recommendations, user
stories, blog posts, etc.).

--
Best Regards,

Fanaskov Vitaly
Senior Software Engineer

The Qt Company / Qt Quick and Widgets Team