[Development] The future of smart pointers in Qt API

Vitaly Fanaskov vitaly.fanaskov at qt.io
Thu Feb 13 10:40:16 CET 2020

Yes, I see your point. The thing is that we need to narrow this
discussion down and make a decision. Creating something like a wiki page
would take a long time, I'm afraid. I think that there is should be a
balance between collecting all possible opinions and trying to
understand what contributors tend to.

When I was creating the summary, I took into account all opinions and
arguments of participants. I had to filter out some alternatives or
suggestions and less sensible and less relevant things. Not doing this
leads to long and counter-productive discussions.

--
Best Regards,

Fanaskov Vitaly
Senior Software Engineer

The Qt Company / Qt Quick and Widgets Team