[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Feb 14 21:17:50 CET 2020

On Tuesday, 28 January 2020 19:31:34 PST Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 January 2020 03:52:49 PST Tino Pyssysalo wrote:
> > It is also possible to transfer the qtaccount.ini file to a CI machine,
> > which removes the need for manual/interactive login. The qtaccount.ini
> > just
> > contains the hash of the password.
>
> I suggest you be very careful in suggesting how to transfer the
> qtaccount.ini file. Test half a dozen public CI systems and give
> instructions to them all.
>
> And specifically tell people NOT to "git add" it to a project on GitHub/
> GitLab/BitBucket.

Hello Tino

Can we get an answer here?

What is the recommended way to install Qt on a CI to test a Qt-based
application?

Travis CI has stopped working completely and I'd like to switch to GitHub
Actions. Does The Qt Company recommend I use Stephan Binner's PPA? Or does it
want me to use its own compiled binaries? If the latter, please provide
instructions for automated builds.