[Development] How to perform unattended installations of Qt? (Was: Changes to Qt offering)

Mark De Wit mark.dewit at iesve.com
Mon Feb 17 15:22:06 CET 2020

> From: Development <development-bounces at qt-project.org> On Behalf Of Sze
> Howe Koh
>
> Another use case: Mass deployment to multiple PCs:
> https://forum.qt.io/topic/111587/classroom-deployment-of-qt-for-multiple-
> pcs-and-for-all-users-windows

This mass-deployment is the use case that concerns me most of all.   I have 45 developers and numerous build agents who should all have Qt installed to build our software, but at best 3 have actually used Qt / done Qt UI work.

And now I'm the bad guy because I enabled the adoption of Qt.

(sure, I can manually unzip Qt on all machines, and whilst I'm there I can just configure the Visual Studio plugin for Qt too...)

Mark