[Development] How to perform unattended installations of Qt? (Was: Changes to Qt offering)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Feb 17 21:07:42 CET 2020

On Monday, 17 February 2020 09:11:59 PST Jason H wrote:
> Though I have not tried it, I would suggest Ansible and
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTIFW-166 , notably
> https://code.qt.io/cgit/qbs/qbs.git/tree/scripts/install-qt.sh
>
> I use the install script and it was cake. However, I don't know how much
> longer this will be supported with the changed Lars announced?

The install script is used by many deployment systems and Tino said that
unattended installation would become even easier. We're still waiting for
details, though.

The problem is *downloading* the installer in the first place. How do I do
that unattended? I need clear instructions on how to do that and not add my
account information to a Git repository somewhere.

And no, I won't download, unpack, upload to S3 and then pay the outgoing
bandwidth rates for every CI run of everyone's pull request to my project.