[Development] Co-maintainer of QtNetwork

Alex Blasche alexander.blasche at qt.io
Thu Feb 20 08:16:50 CET 2020

+1

--
Alex

From: Development <development-bounces at qt-project.org> on behalf of Timur Pocheptsov <timur.pocheptsov at qt.io>
Sent: Thursday, 20 February 2020 06:48
To: qt-dev
Subject: [Development] Co-maintainer of QtNetwork

Hi all,

I want to propose a colleague of mine, Mårten Nordheim, as a co-maintainer of QtNetwork module with him
becoming the maintainer of  „High-Level network access (HTTP)"* (which essentially means QNetworkAccessManager
and related classes/code, sub-module 'access' etc.)  component and me continuing as the maintainer of  "Low-level
access (Sockets, SSL, Hostname resolution, Bearer mgmt, etc)"**. Since the first day he joined the Qt Core
and Network team several years ago, Mårten is making a significant contribution to the QtNetwork module, which
includes numerous improvements and fixes in QNetworkAccessManager and also new developments (among other things
he is the author of SChannel TLS backend on Windows). He has a good, solid knowledge of QtNetwork code/components
and making him the maintainer "de jure" will help us (the Qt Core and Network team) to optimise and streamline the
future developments in QtNetwork module.

Best regards,
   Timur.

* and ** - these are names taken from our wiki page on the Qt maintainers.