[Development] How to get winid from qprocess id for QProcess

coroberti . coroberti at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 16:57:40 CET 2020

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 5:36 PM Sujan Dasmahapatra
<yellowlemontree0821 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running an external app, which I want to fit onto my QScrollArea, for this I am writing code like this.
>
> // launch weasis
> QProcess *process = new QProcess();
> process->start("./viewer-win32.exe");
> if (process->waitForFinished())
> {
> return;
> }
>
> QWindow *window = QWindow::fromWinId(211812356);
> window->setFlags(Qt::FramelessWindowHint);
> _patient_gui->scrollArea_1->setWidget(QWidget::createWindowContainer(window));
>
> But how can I get the wind id? it is hard coded here, is there any way to get the id from process id.
>
> any help is highly appreciated.

Dear Sujan
The direction is to enumerate currently running windows of a particular process
and to find the right one, i.e. by title.

You can start here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/psapi/enumerating-all-processes
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42589496/getting-a-list-of-all-open-windows-in-c-and-storing-them

Take care,