[Development] Commercial support for Coin and related infrastructure

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Sun Feb 23 22:15:28 CET 2020

21.02.2020, 18:37, "Volker Hilsheimer" <volker.hilsheimer at qt.io>:
>>  On 20 Feb 2020, at 16:28, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:
>>
>>  Hello,
>>
>>  Are there any options available for subject? I've tried to use official contacts page, but it forces use of corporate email, but my request has nothing to do with any commercial development.
>>
>>  --
>>  Regards,
>>  Konstantin
>
> There are no plans to make Coin or related infrastructure available as a commercial service.
>
> But curious about the problem you think you would solve better with Coin than with any other commercially or freely available alternative.

What I had in mind are mostly "quality of life" things for a person like me who doesn't have access to internal network of TQtC and thus have to nag people to do trivial things for me like look up if patch got stuck or it's still making progress after being integrating for last 8 hours, or look up why snapshot artifacts were not uploaded to public server.

Another issue which bothered me is https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/COIN-421?focusedCommentId=489603&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-489603 - as it was ignored I believed that it wasn't something needed for Qt Company, however it would help me a lot.

I was also looking for "multi product builds" feature (COIN-199) to be finally delivered.

However, after recent announcement about Qt Creator moving to GitHub Action all of that seems worthless, as Coin presumably fails "doogfooding" inside The Qt Company.

--
Regards,
Konstantin