[Development] Determining what versions of imports a QML module provides

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at lindev.ch
Mon Feb 24 17:35:10 CET 2020

Hi,
I'm adding a Requires:/Provides: autogenerator for QML modules to rpm (so packages containing a qml file will automatically pull in the right library dependencies).

I have a more or less working prototype that extracts relevant information from qmldir files, but given "module" statements in qmldir don't have version information attached to them, there's no way to figure out that e.g. qtdeclarative 5.15 provides QtQuick 2.15 (and not any other version number).

Leaving version numbers aside, I also don't find a few submodules (that can be imported) by scanning qmldir files -- e.g. QtQuick, QtQuick.tooling, QtQuick.Window.

Is there a better way to determine what modules are provided?

Best regards
bero