[Development] ?==?utf-8?q? Determining what versions of imports a QML module provides

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at lindev.ch
Mon Feb 24 19:11:38 CET 2020

Hi,

On Monday, February 24, 2020 18:19 CET, Ulf Hermann <ulf.hermann at qt.io> wrote:

> > Is there a better way to determine what modules are provided?
>
> You could scan the plugins.qmltypes files. There you get a detailed
> listing that tells you what components are available under what imports
> and versions.

That was my first thought (before looking at the qmldir files) as well, but it doesn't seem to help with the same modules that are problematic with the qmldir scanner.
e.g. QtQuick.tooling:

$ find /usr/lib64/qt5/qml -name plugins.qmltypes |xargs grep tooling |grep -vE 'qmltypes:(//|import )'
$

I also don't see the version number for the QtQuick import - e.g.
$ find /usr/lib64/qt5/qml/QtQuick* -name plugins.qmltypes |xargs grep '2\.15'
only shows some submodules.

Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards
bero