[Development] A modest proposal: disable lower-case keywords (emit, foreach, forever, signals, slots) by default

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Fri Feb 28 10:28:16 CET 2020

On Thursday, 27 February 2020 21:43:33 CET Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Really? You include github/gitlab/phabricator in that list? Vim?
>> Notepad++?

Allan Sandfeld Jensen (27 February 2020 23:01) replied
> I would be surprised if any of those didn't.

I see that emacs in fact colours emit green and the next word yellow (I
think it's mistaking it for a declaration, as it colours types green and
identifiers yellow in those), but if I remove emit it doesn't do
anything special with the signal invocation.  So I think that counts as
emacs not knowing what signals are, although it does do something,
albeit probably bogus, with the "keyword" when used.

Whether one counts emacs, vim or notepad++ as an IDE is, however,
another story !  I read Thiago as talking about things that *call
themselves* IDEs, rather than text editors.  Even so, asking MSVS to
support Qt-specific features ... sounds ambitious - good luck ;^>

	Eddy.