[Development] Abandoning low-level I/O unreviewed patches

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Feb 29 00:03:03 CET 2020

About two and a half years old without much of a review, and I don't have time
to fix the rebase conflicts with 5.15, so I'm just abandoning. Maybe in 4
years we can just rip everything out and use std::filesystem. Until then, it's
not worth my time to fix further, especially after the moveToTrash addition
refactored the Windows code.

There are a number of bugfixes applied because of the unit testing for
tst_qfilesystemengine. Unfortunately, it also finds a number of defects in
Windows itself that I never managed to work around. If anyone wants to take a
look:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/211240 Long live QSystemResult
https://codereview.qt-project.org/211398
https://codereview.qt-project.org/212254