[Development] Are we already allowed to use C++17 in dev?

Tor Arne Vestbø Tor.arne.Vestbo at qt.io
Thu Jan 9 00:48:10 CET 2020

> On 8 Jan 2020, at 23:50, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
>> - We still build for MacOS 10.13 which do not support the C++17 stdlib
>
> Same solution as the current problem. Just remove that OS/compiler.

Yes, once we have a replacement (10.14 or ideally 10.15) in the CI. Unless you’re suggesting we drop macOS as a platform entirely?

>> IMHO, these two issues should be P0 because if we are serious about using
>> C++17 fir Qt6, we should be able to do it now. This has been a blocker for
>> months. If some tests are can't be fixed on MacOs 10.14, they should then
>> be blacklisted so we can still proceed with C++17.
>
> I might regret asking this, but how is our macOS 10.15 support now?

We don’t have it in the CI due to problems virtualizing it, so it’s tested manually though developers working on that platform, and though user feedback.

As Oliver says, we should get 10.14 in ASAP, by possibly blacklisting failing test. This is something I’m looking at.

Tor Arne