[Development] Qt 5.14 MinGW debug build doesn't add debug suffix

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 09:40:47 CET 2020

Am Mi., 8. Jan. 2020 um 20:09 Uhr schrieb Thiago Macieira <
thiago.macieira at intel.com>:

> On Wednesday, 8 January 2020 10:10:06 PST Sérgio Martins via Development
> wrote:
> > Wondering if there's a reason why the suffix is needed in the first
> > place...
> > I thought only MSVC had problems mixing debug and release runtimes.
>
> Correct.
>
> We stopped adding the suffix in MinGW builds.
>
> I wonder what happens to debug-and-release builds now.

I was doing a normal release build of Qt itself and tried to build a sample
project (created with QtCreator - new empty application project called
debug) with debug flags and got:

mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target
'D:/projects/qt5/qtbase/lib/libQt5Cored.a', needed by 'debug.exe'. Stop.

Release build works fine. So something inside Qt still expects the d
extension. It might has something to do that I used win32-clang-g++ as
compiler. But I think the same happens with a regular MinGW built.

Is this already known or shall I raise a bugreport?

Cheers Roland