[Development] Qt 5.14 MinGW debug build doesn't add debug suffix

Kai Köhne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Tue Jan 14 16:50:43 CET 2020

Yes, I suggest we only add a 'd' suffix if you configured with -debug-and-release: https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/286409/6/mkspecs/features/qt_functions.prf

> BTW, what is the situation on Apple platforms these days? I remember
> something about not having "_debug" in pure debug builds either.

It seems that _debug is still always appended on macOS.

There might be the chance to unify things (again) in the future. But for now, I think MinGW will keep us busy enough in 5.14 😉

Kai