[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jan 29 03:58:08 CET 2020

On Tuesday, 28 January 2020 09:03:43 PST Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> With current process some contributors make efforts to ensure that their bug
> fixes are applied to all branches that are still open, even if it includes
> dealing with source conflicts. If LTS branches are not public, it might
> lead to degradation of their quality.

That indeed means non-TQtC developers (like me) will not be participating in
the LTS releases. This means the Qt Company will assume the burden for:

a) maintenance of the modules and classes maintained by non-QtC people
b) release testing of those releases (that's pretty much QtC people today)
c) bug triaging in those releases (again, mostly QtC people anyway)
d) applying of security fixes, if any (in addition to the Open Source
releases)