[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 19:55:26 CET 2020

On 20/01/29 04:02, Volker Hilsheimer wrote:
[snip]

> I wonder where all this love for the Qt installer comes from. I personally consider “sudo apt-get install -y qtcreator” or “brew install qt-creator” or “choco install qtcreator" to be vastly superior to using the installer UI, and very easily integrated in VM provisioning. Any energy spent on making sure that the versions we get from those package repos is up-to-date would be worth a lot more (to me) than building another installer.

Being one of the maintainers in the options above, a huge *thank you* for that.
It really feels well :-)

P.S.: I've always wanted to produce Qt backports for Debian stable, but
time/need to get a paycheck doesn't currently allows it (it needs to be pseudo
official, can't go into Debian's backports for $reasons).