[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 23:22:04 CET 2020

On 29/01/2020 17.13, Konstantin Shegunov wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 11:55 PM Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> We need more open-source-meets-kickstarter...
>
> ehm, Patreon?

Aside from issues with Patreon's reputation, there's a reason I wrote
"kickstarter". I can't think of any instance where I've seen tangible
rewards for supporting *an open source project* via Patreon. Conversely,
Kickstarter offers *specific* rewards of the payee's choice, and often
involves some sort of public "thank you" (which I don't think I've
*ever* seen with Patreon).

Besides, I was thinking more along the lines of something that could
integrate with other OSS tools (e.g. GitHub).

I want a "proud sponsors" page. I want to be able to offer bounties for
specific bugs or feature requests. (IOW, read the rest of my previous
message that you didn't quote.)

--
Matthew