[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jan 30 02:02:44 CET 2020

On Wednesday, 29 January 2020 16:55:18 PST Thiago Macieira wrote:
> That's because we're sloppy and haven't done a proper job. The security
> advisory was supposed to go out at the same time as the Qt 5.14.1 release
> announcement. But the release announcement went out without the security
> advisory. I asked that the people responsible for the Qt Project's website
> (which merged with the Qt Company's website a few years ago) to create a
> proper page for it, but it wasn't done.

Two more problems with this particular advisory:
1) the person who was going to write the advisory (me) is spending time
reading emails on this thread and responding, trying to help answer the doubts
by the community.

2) the person who was going to write the mail (me) can barely read emails in
the office because KMail does not work very well in the office since Qt was
updated from 5.13.2 to 5.14.0.

On #2: I have suspended all Gerrit reviews because I simply don't have enough
time after getting home to read other emails and Gerrit emails.