[Development] The future of smart pointers in Qt API

Vitaly Fanaskov vitaly.fanaskov at qt.io
Fri Jan 31 16:27:29 CET 2020

Not abandoning, I think, but re-implementing properly. Raw pointers
cause some certain problems here and changing them to something more
smart would be nice. But it doesn't mean that we should get rid of
parent-child model entirely. The point is that we can make it more
explicit just by using smart pointers.

To make it clear, there is no decision made. We're just discussing.

--
Best Regards,

Fanaskov Vitaly
Senior Software Engineer

The Qt Company / Qt Quick and Widgets Team