[Development] How do I fix a vulnerability in Qt. I forward the question to someone, or should I write the code myself?

Bruno Crocamo bruno.crocamo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 18:44:33 CEST 2020

Hi Thiago. I made a mistake in writing. Where it reads "writing
functionality of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2017" read "*redaction* functionality
of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2017".

The link is also wrong / broken. Correct link:
*https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/view-all-content/publications/examination-redaction-functionality-adobe-acrobat-pro-dc-2017
<https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/view-all-content/publications/examination-redaction-functionality-adobe-acrobat-pro-dc-2017>*

PDF version of the article:
*https://www.cyber.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-06/PROTECT%20-%20An%20Examination%20of%20the%20Redaction%20Functionality%20of%20Adobe%20Acrobat%20Pro%20DC%202017%20%28June%202020%29.pdf
<https://www.cyber.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-06/PROTECT%20-%20An%20Examination%20of%20the%20Redaction%20Functionality%20of%20Adobe%20Acrobat%20Pro%20DC%202017%20%28June%202020%29.pdf>*

The image on page 8 of the article in the PDF version exemplifies the
issue: "Mapping order reflects order that characters first appear in text".

An organization may need to remove sensitive information from a PDF
document to share an ostentatious version. Adobe software is one way to do
this. However, depending on the program used to render the PDF, the removal
may fail in part due to the fact that the CMap object reflects the order in
which the characters appear in the text. This would be the case for PDF
documents generated using Qt.

I appreciate the quick response. I will read the wiki (
http://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Contribution_Guidelines).

thx,

Att,

Bruno