[Development] How do I fix a vulnerability in Qt. I forward the question to someone, or should I write the code myself?

Bruno Crocamo bruno.crocamo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 20:11:06 CEST 2020

Thank u, Eddy.

Lars, in my first message I mentioned a link:
https://github.com/wkhtmltopdf/qt/pull/47.

Here you can see the changes I made:
https://github.com/wkhtmltopdf/qt/pull/47/commits/5d639d9c04dbc644875e913cf0a6f5f54abcbf75

The changes made by me perform a reordering. This lessens the risk. But the
risk will always exist as long as there is a source of risk: the CMap
object.

However, the change made was made in a version of Qt used in a third party
project.

I don't know, for sure, how to make this modification official in Qt. I
believe that the best option is an analysis by a developer with more
experience about Qt. I understand that I have a minor contribution, very
punctual contribution, that does not break the code. But an analysis by
someone more experienced is required.

In fact, the Qt contribution guidelines talks about:

- "Add relevant reviewers to your change(s)";
- "If your contribution is deemed to not align with the project's vision or
goals, you should abandon the change at this point".

Thus, to make a change someone else's participation is required.

I appreciate the answer given by everyone,

Att,

Bruno