[Development] QProperty and library coding guide

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Thu Jul 16 12:32:08 CEST 2020

Thiago asked about QProperty, particularly
requesting an update to a wiki page about library coding conventions.

Ulf Hermann (16 July 2020 11:19) replied
> Do you mean https://wiki.qt.io/Coding_Conventions ?

Quite a few wiki pages could do with an update: most obviously:
https://wiki.qt.io/API_Design_Principles
https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_use_a_C_class_declared_in_a_namespace_with_Q_PROPERTY_and_QML
https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_Bind_a_QML_Property_to_a_C%2B%2B_Function

(It occurs to me that Thiago may have meant the first of those.)
Search the wiki for Q_PROPERTY, you'll find several more pages that
could benefit from an update.

And, as you already know, documentation of the new system is urgently
needed !  I know your hands are full with *writing the code*, but even
adding sketchy outline / overview docs for everything you write, as you
do so, is surely a good first step - we can polish it later !

> [...] let me first give an introduction here, and answer some of your question.

I have turned a large chunk of that into
https://wiki.qt.io/QProcess

If anyone knows of other categories than HowTo and Developing Qt it
would make sense to put that into ... it's a wiki, feel free to do that.
(If signing up/in to the wiki is too much hassle, mail me off-list.)

	Eddy.