[Development] QProperty and library coding guide

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jul 16 17:10:07 CEST 2020

On Wednesday, 15 July 2020 23:53:01 PDT Friedemann Kleint wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  > 3) how QProperty is source-compatible with Qt 5 user code.
>
> Specifically, it needs to be transparently visible in QMetaObject like
> old-style properties and setting/retrieving properties via  name and
> QVariant needs to work for Qt Designer's property editor. Code generation
> via uic also needs to work transparently.

Did you mean moc?

That's also why I'm not worried about QMetaObject. The changes I've seen so
far incorporate some Q_PROPERTY changes to let moc know of the new storage
type. So anyone using QMetaObject and QObject::property/setProperty should not
be affected.

But that needs to be described in the coding guide.