[Development] QProperty and library coding guide

Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) bstottle at ford.com
Fri Jul 17 15:07:55 CEST 2020

Hi Ulf,

> QProperty's main feature is accepting lazily evaluated bindings in place
of a plain value. It can also notify eagerly if you use the  subscribe()
and onValueChanged() methods, but you'd usually avoid that as best as
you can.

I must be missing something.  I tend to think of eventloops with notify signals are an improvement over polling.  You statement seems to say that asking for a value is better, and notifications are to be avoided?

At some level, I'm looking for an example of why this is a step forward.  I don't mean to suggest it _isn't_ a step forward, just that I don't see it yet.

Thanks,
Brett