[Development] QProperty and when evaluation occurs

Filippo Cucchetto filippocucchetto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:24:25 CEST 2020

Il giorno ven 24 lug 2020 alle ore 13:18 Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.)
<bstottle at ford.com> ha scritto:

> Hi Thiago,
>
> On 7/23/20, 4:54 PM, "Development on behalf of Thiago Macieira" <development-bounces at qt-project.org on behalf of thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
>     If a property is connected to a slot that doesn't support lazy evaluation,
>     then the entire chain must be re-evaluated as soon as any of the properties is
>     marked dirty. QProperty needs to do that on its own.There's no need for
>     QTimer.
>
> This is new.  Are you positing that this evaluation mode should exist?  Or is it already how the implementation works?
>
> What determines whether a slot supports lazy evaluation or not?
>
> Brett

How?

That said if something like that exists it means that given a chain of
QProperties it need just one "immediate" observers to break all the
"benefits" of lazy evaluation(given that it causes all the chain to
recompute).
This obviously is not worse than what we have now but basically makes
me think if we really need this or not.

--
Filippo Cucchetto