[Development] QProperty and library coding guide

Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) bstottle at ford.com
Fri Jul 24 17:27:54 CEST 2020

On 7/24/20, 11:09 AM, "Development on behalf of Thiago Macieira" <development-bounces at qt-project.org on behalf of thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

    ... what QProperty really
    is: sub-scope of a class. We don't want a different this pointer, we just want
    to scope.

Is QProperty really a sub-scope?  Many of the examples are not tied to objects (QObject or otherwise) at all.  See https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/tests/auto/corelib/kernel/qproperty/tst_qproperty.cpp#n90.

I'm guessing you are likely talking specifically about the Q_PROPERTY_PRIVATE macro specifically, just want to make sure.

Brett