[Development] Info request for DEFINES in QtCreator

Francesc Martinez francescmm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 22:41:43 CEST 2020

Hi,

I'm having some troubles with implicit conversions every time I have to
build my plugin (https://github.com/francescmm/GitQlientPlugin) but until
now I didn't bother to see why. I've been just fixing the issues (mainly
casts to QString).

Looking for the reasons I've noticed that there are some defines in the
*qtcreator.pri*.

I'm pretty sure that there is a reason and I don't mind at all if I have to
fix my issues. What I wonder is if you could explain to me or document
somewhere why they are there so I can check if I need them as well in my
app.

I guess that the following two are present to avoid encoding problems:

   - QT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII
   - QT_RESTRICTED_CAST_FROM_ASCII

But I really don't know the reason for the following ones:

   - QT_NO_JAVA_STYLE_ITERATORS
   - QT_USE_FAST_OPERATOR_PLUS
   - QT_USE_FAST_CONCATENATION

In addition to those, I wonder why "QT_USE_QSTRINGBUILDER" is not
added in that group.

Thanks for the help!

Francesc.