[Development] Switch the main "Qt Build System"

Alexandru Croitor alexandru.croitor at qt.io
Tue Jun 9 10:26:12 CEST 2020

> On 9. Jun 2020, at 10:17, Jean-Michaël Celerier <jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> To simplify this step, is there / could there be maybe a -DQT_BUILD_TOOLS_ONLY that would just generate... well, moc, uic, rcc and a couple other friends required for a cross-build ?

I think that should technically be possible, but I have doubts about it.

Not all tools are "bootstrap" tools anymore, which means for uic you need to build QtCore (same for qmake actually).

I think qtdeclarative has tools that depend on QtQml.

So you'll have to have this weird hybrid of a Qt installation that needs to be maintained to work.