[Development] Switch the main "Qt Build System"

Bogdan Vatra bogdan.vatra at kdab.com
Tue Jun 9 12:12:49 CEST 2020

În ziua de marți, 9 iunie 2020, la 10:35:33 EEST, Joerg Bornemann a scris:
> On 6/9/20 7:22 AM, Bogdan Vatra via Development wrote:
> > - is it possible to cross compile Qt in one go (just like we do with
> > qmake)?
> Assuming you're talking about the multi-ABI Android build you've added
> to Qt5. This is not yet implemented, but certainly possible with the
> Ninja Multi-Config generator that has been added to CMake 3.17 [1].
>
> > - if you'll not support/trash all .pro/.pri files how we'll push fixes for
> > 5.15 branch ? Because right now we can't push fixes directly to 5.15.
> > branch and all the fixes must go trough dev branch first.
>
> All changes that do not apply to Qt6 must go to 5.15.
> It's not true that we can't push fixes to 5.15 anymore.

If I have a fix which involves also changes to some .pr* files, where it should
go? In dev I can't push it because you nuked the .pr* files, in 5.15 I'm
banned.

IMHO we should keep qmake files in place until 6.0.0 it's out.

Cheers,
BogDan.