[Development] Switch the main "Qt Build System"

Alexandru Croitor alexandru.croitor at qt.io
Wed Jun 10 22:37:02 CEST 2020

On 10. Jun 2020, at 18:13, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 10 June 2020 00:44:48 PDT Alexandru Croitor wrote:
>> It is. Building Qt targeting Android with CMake works, but you only get one
>> architecture (arm64 for example) in a single build tree, instead of more
>> than one (arm64, armv7, x86, x64) like you used to when building with
>> qmake. We will revisit the multi-arch approach later.
>
> Can they be merged after building? If so, that might be the long-term
> solution.

I thought there's nothing special about the android multi arch build in the sense that in the end it's just a bunch of differently named files being in the same install prefix (as opposed to iOS where there are fat archives), but i can't be sure because i didn't look into it.

So I don't really know atm if they can be merged or not.

> Ditto for macOS. A multi-arch x86_64 build would be welcome (x86_64 and
> x86_64h).

I think that would be a new feature request, given we don't do it currently in qmake land.