[Development] [Interest] Windows 7 support will be dropped in Qt 6

Oliver Wolff oliver.wolff at qt.io
Thu Jun 11 15:48:31 CEST 2020

Hi Robert,

On 11.06.2020 15:02, coroberti . wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 3:43 PM Oliver Wolff <oliver.wolff at qt.io> wrote:
>> with Qt 6 approaching it is time to have a look at our set of supported
>> platforms.
>
>> The operating system was initially launched in 2009 and reached its
>> official end of life in January 2020. That means that Microsoft no
>> longer provides security updates and instances running Windows 7 should
>> be replaced as soon as possible.
>>
>> Br, Olli
>
> Dear Oliver,
>
> The fact is that Windows-7 is supported at least till 2023.
>
> Please, correct your fact table.
>
> https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/partners/news/article/announcing-paid-windows-7-extended-security-updates

It's true that Microsoft offers extended support for Windows 7. This
support does not come for free though and there is a price tag attached.

I think the same might apply inside The Qt Company. If you are a
commercial customer and want to buy extended support for Qt beyond
regular support availability periods, please get in touch with your
Sales representative.

BR, Olli