[Development] [Interest] Windows 7 support will be dropped in Qt 6

Corey Pendleton Corey.Pendleton at qt.io
Thu Jun 11 18:19:11 CEST 2020

I can certainly appreciate your concern here.

Our final Qt 5.15 release is an LTS release for commercial customers. This means we will continue to have support for Windows 7 development under Standard Support until roughly January 2022 with the option to then buy Extended Support and remain on Qt 5.15 indefinitely. We still have customers doing this for Qt 4.8. This is essentially the same thing Microsoft is offering.

Corey Pendleton