[Development] QAnyStringView

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Wed Jun 24 11:27:33 CEST 2020

Marc Mutz (24 June 2020 09:32) wrote
> My Qt 5-era changes to QLatin1String (adding QL1S::arg(), enabling
> QL1S as a type for date/time formats, overloading QtJSON functions for
> QL1S) have shown how dramatic the effect of 8-bit string values
> without constructing a QString first really is, without actually
> limiting functionality.

wait ... "enabling QL1S as a type for date/time formats" ?
A quick search for "QLatin1String" in qdatetime.h and qlocale.h shows a
total of zero matches.  We have QStringView overloads, but not QL1S.

Not that I have any objection to adding such overloads, but they can't be
claimed as qt5-era wins of viewification.

	Eddy.