[Development] Can your module be included in Qt 6?

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Fri Jun 26 14:58:21 CEST 2020

Hi Ekke,

We also have new installer cooking up for Qt 6, see: https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-online-installer-4.0-pre-alpha-released and https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Contributors_Summit_2019_Program#Qt_Marketplace

Intention is that including source components becomes convenient. This could also allow making some of the add-ons that are not yet fully ready to be included as source for users to try out on top of a released set of binaries.

Yours,

		Tuukka

On 26.6.2020, 15.19, "Development on behalf of ekke" <development-bounces at qt-project.org on behalf of ekke at ekkes-corner.org> wrote:

    Am 26.06.20 um 13:49 schrieb Tor Arne Vestbø:

    >> On 26 Jun 2020, at 13:41, ekke <ekke at ekkes-corner.org> wrote:
    >>
    >> I have noticed that Qt for Android will take some time - what about iOS ? Will I be able to port iOS Apps to Qt 6 ? Would help to prepare and test mobile apps for Qt6 while waiting for Android.
    > Both Android and iOS support is part of 6.0. The part that’s deferred is the Android _extras_, the helper module for more native integration on Android. But running a cross platform Qt Quick app should work fine on both platforms.
    >
    > Tor Arne

    aaah - thanks for the info - so I can take the QtSummit Conference App
    as my first candidate :)

    then only other apps with the need of Intents etc have to wait.
    hopefully QtBluetooth will come soon to Qt6, because many of my mobile
    business apps need Bluetooth for mobile BarcodeScanners or Printers.

    ekke