[Development] Configuring Qt VS Tools to auto generate .qm files from .ts files

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Wed May 13 12:46:30 CEST 2020

I posted a question about this here:
<https://forum.qt.io/topic/114479/another-vs-tools-translation-question> and
was directed here when I didn't get an answer there.

I wanted Qt VS Tools to automatically build .ts files (ideally in a defined
location such as ".\GeneratedFiles\i18n").  What I can up with was much less
sophisticated.  I'd placed my .ts files in an i18n directory under my VS
project, and added a Custom Build step to be run before QTPrepare.

This simply did: cd i18n && for %%f in (*.ts) do
($(QtInstallDir)\bin\lrelease %%f)

I'm sure there must be a better way to achieve this, so my question is what
is the recommended way to do this,

Many thanks
David