[Development] Views in APIs

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Fri May 15 19:39:02 CEST 2020

On 15/05/2020 06.39, Edward Welbourne wrote:
> Thiago Macieira (15 May 2020 02:30) replied
>>>
>>> Be that as it may, that ship has sailed:
>>>
>>>     https://www.google.com/search?q=iteratable
>>>
>>> Even Google thinks so, and if you insist otherwise, 12k results instead
>>> of 2M.
>>
>> The majority of the results in the first and second pages are about a company
>> called Iterable.

...but also on those pages are references to the Java and Javascript
concepts. Then...

> It remains that "iterable" is the standard form in python's extensive
> documentation and is the form I am used to.

...there's Python. Lisp seems to be the least obscure language using
"iteratable". Even Wiktionary¹ gives "iterable" as the "correct"
spelling, and doesn't even have an entry for "iteratable".

(¹ https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/iterable)

I'm *not* arguing that you (Thiago) aren't, pedantically, correct. I'm
just pointing out that, as Edward notes, you're fighting the tide.

--
Matthew