[Development] Handling of Needs More Info issues in Jira

Jason McDonald macadder1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 14:11:58 CET 2020

While reacquainting myself with the Qt Bug Tracker after a long absence, I
noticed that there are more than 900 issues languishing in the Needs More
Info state.  Digging a bit deeper, it appears that in mid-2018, whomever
was shepherding Needs More Info bugs stopped doing so and since then a
steady stream of issues have been getting stranded in that state (348 in
2018, 340 in 2019, and 219 so far this year).

Way back in ancient history (2009 to 2012), I used to periodically review
Needs More Info bugs and prompt the appropriate people to progress them out
of that state.

If there are no objections, I'm happy to invest a few hours per week to
work through reviewing these bugs.  On my own, it would likely take at
least several months to get through all of them, so any additional
volunteers would be most welcome.

Cheers,
--
Dr. Jason McDonald