[Development] Long-lived P1 issues

Shawn Rutledge Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io
Tue Nov 3 09:25:21 CET 2020

> On 3 Nov 2020, at 09:07, Ulf Hermann <ulf.hermann at qt.io> wrote:
>
>> Currently, there are 1175 open P1 issues in the QTBUG project.  583 of those issues had that priority set more than one year ago, 342 of those had their priority set more than two years ago, and 175 of those more than three years ago.
>
> Let's be honest about this: The priority field is meaningless.

We still sort by priority when we go intentionally looking for bugs to fix, though, don’t we?  That just hasn’t happened much lately, because of being in such a hurry to get as much Qt 6 work done before the various deadlines that are all coming up way too soon.  During bug fix weeks, of course customer-reported bugs come first, but otherwise we sort by priority to find bugs to fix.  Of course anyone in the community is welcome to give it a try too.