[Development] Does anyone know why the Qt Bug Tracker has two "Unresolved" resolutions?

Alex Blasche alexander.blasche at qt.io
Tue Nov 3 11:09:11 CET 2020

Turns that there is a resolution overload in Jira. For any issue that was not transitioned into the closed state, the system sets the resolution field to "Unresolved".

As soon as the closure happens, the resolution field is set to one of the predefined resolutions (e.g. Out of Scope, Duplicate etc.). The introduction of Unresolved as predefined resolution overloads the meaning. Hence you needed the quotation.

By definition a closed Jira task is resolved even if the customer may no consider it a resolution in the sense of the issue. Therefore I removed "Unresolved" as predefined resolution. I mapped the affected issues to "Won't do". They appear as resolved now.

If there is any further clarification needed, please comment on https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTJIRA-373.
--
Alex