[Development] qt6 qml to c++ compilation

Maurice Kalinowski Maurice.Kalinowski at qt.io
Thu Nov 5 08:06:50 CET 2020

Hi,

> Hi!
>
> I installed qt6 to see what awaits now that Qt 5.15 always includes qml source
> code, even with quickcompiler https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-
> 88147
>
> I created an example Qt6 application and tried with and without adding
> CONFIG += qtquickcompiler
>
> The output of strings $binary includes the whole qml file like in Qt 5.15.
> My question is, Qt6 is supposed to compile this directly to c++ code.
> Will that still include the whole qml code?
[Maurice Kalinowski]

You are right, that we are planning to have a QML to C++ conversion at the compile step within the Qt 6 cycle. However, it is not part of the initial 6.0 release and will come at a later stage.

As of now, we have been focusing on creating the infrastructure for this as well as setting the guidelines to successfully handle this conversion in the future.

We'll certainly keep everyone updated on the progress of this project.

BR,
Maurice