[Development] QThread::create mandatory in Qt 6?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Nov 15 01:37:32 CET 2020

On Saturday, 14 November 2020 03:05:13 PST Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development
wrote:
> 2) was removed in https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/306811
> , or are you referring to something else? Was it a mistake to remove it?

Ah, right. I was looking at the 5.15 header and didn't remember the 6.0
change.

Anyway, the question remains: can we remove the configure-time check and
assume std::future and std::async (C++11 standard library features) are
present?

At least one platform -- not a main one -- will stop working.