[Development] QThread::create mandatory in Qt 6?

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at qt.io
Mon Nov 16 22:38:06 CET 2020

Monday, November 16, 2020 8:14 PM Thiago Macieira  wrote:

>> Qt 6 at the moment can be complied with Clang, which will map the mkspec
>> win32-clang-g++.

> Indeed, but that is Clang/MinGW. This is not Clang-cl/MSVC. And Allan says
> Clang-cl/MSVC works, so what is this option you're trying to add?

LLVM.org clang.exe binary reports the x86_64-pc-windows-msvc target, which is
Clang/MSVC. clang-cl is just a different command line options parser, which always
sets the *-msvc target.

Clang/MinGW is something that ends up in *-gnu as target. That's the case for winlibs and
llvm-mingw.

Cheers,
Cristian.

P.S. I had to hack the email in Web Outlook, I hope I got it right.