[Development] Qt 6 co-installability with Qt 5

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Nov 17 12:42:50 CET 2020

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> I've discussed this with Dmitry Shachnev and the simplest way to
> "solve" this would be to ship binaries in /usr/lib/qt6/bin/foo and
> have /usr/bin/foo-qt6 symlinks to those.

I have not yet talked to those who will likely be the maintainers of Qt 6 in
Fedora, but this is almost exactly how things already work in Fedora for Qt
4 and 5 (except that we use hardlinks instead of symlinks due to multilib
issues, as I explained elsewhere in this thread), so I think that is the
most likely setup for Qt 6 as well (but Fedora will probably continue to use
hardlinks).

        Kevin Kofler