[Development] Qt 6 co-installability with Qt 5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Nov 18 01:11:29 CET 2020

On Tuesday, 17 November 2020 15:41:10 PST Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
wrote:
> - qtplugininfo: I sincerely don't know how it's being used.

I was going to suggest it, but I ended up thinking it was obscure enough that
for anyone who really needs it, they can use

`qtpaths6 --binaries-dir`/qtplugininfo

> - qtwaylandscanner: same as above.
>
> - tracegen: same as above

Ditto and even less likely to be used.

> - sdpscanner: "Performs an SDP scan on remote device, using the SDP server
> represented by the local Bluetooth device." Sounds like a user-facing app.

True, but it also sounds very limited. It sounds like an example application
that is quite useful for the limited scenarios where it can be used. Like my
cbordump tool too. Ditto for pixeltool.

I'd suggest that qdbusviewer and qdbus be moved out of the Qt repositories and
made separate releases of their own. They use private API, but so do a lot of
KDE applications and frameworks. But we can think about that later.