[Development] Qt 6 co-installability with Qt 5

Kai Pastor, DG0YT dg0yt at mailbox.org
Thu Nov 19 07:03:11 CET 2020

Am 18.11.20 um 15:50 schrieb Kai Köhne:
> FYI, we've been taking assistant out of Qt 6.0.
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-86746 . It's not depending on
> any particular Qt version, so my suggestion is to resurrect it (if
> there's enough demand) outside of qt5.git.

Could you please clarify: Can building Qt Asistant be enabled by a
configuration option? Is it still build as part of CI?

Now with all Qt help links changed to the online version, how is Qt
Assistant/QTextBrowser limiting Qt's documentation at all, justifying
its removal from the build (so late in the Qt 6 release process)?

Regards,
Kai