[Development] HEADS-UP: Branching from 'dev' to '6.0' and '6.0.0' will be done Friday 20th November

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Fri Nov 20 09:20:15 CET 2020

> On 19 Nov 2020, at 13:00, Jani Heikkinen <jani.heikkinen at qt.io> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> We will branch '6.0' and '6.0.0' from 'dev' Friday 20th November 2020 06:00 CET. To make branching easy we will disable staging in 'dev' starting from 06:00 AM. Staging in 'dev' will be disabled until branching is complete. So please avoid staging just before that to speed up the progress...
>
> br,
> Jani Heikkinen

Hi,

Hope the branching is going well!

In practice, this means that all changes that need to be in a 6.0 release need to have a Pick-to: 6.0 footer, and all changes that need to be in 6.0.0 need that pick-to target in addition, ie

Pick-to: 6.0 6.0.0

Approved changes in Gerrit that should still target the 6.0 release need to either get an updated commit message (which requires reapproval); OR need to be explicitly cherry-picked down once they merged to dev:

https://wiki.qt.io/Branch_Guidelines#How_to_cherry-pick

The list of gerrit changes that likely need this kind of follow up because they are +2’ed, have been updated within the last week, and target the ‘dev’ branch in a ‘qt/.*’ project would be:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/status:open+is:submittable+branch:dev+project:%255Eqt/.*+-age:1w

Cheers,
Volker