[Development] How to build 32-bit Qt with Qt6/CMake

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Nov 25 16:22:50 CET 2020

On Wednesday, 25 November 2020 05:16:58 PST Joerg Bornemann wrote:
> This looks correct so far. A small improvement would be to put all this
> into a CMake toolchain file and additionally do
>      set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux)
>
> Then you can cross-build with -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=x86-toolchain.cmake
>
> In a perfect world, your distro would have provided this file.

I checked both distros I use and neither does. I suppose CMake itself should
create the toolchain file for multilib builds on Linux if this is a common
occurrence, but seems not to be the case.

The only toolchain file I can find in my system are the ones inside the Zephyr
and Chromium source codes. In fact, the one in qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/
chromium/third_party/boringssl/src/util/32-bit-toolchain.cmake is nearly
perfect.

What is the one generated in qtbase/lib/cmake/Qt6/qt.toolchain.cmake for?